fabricsnob

Monday, June 19, 2006

music

So in my quest for "new" music, I've been revisiting the cds I already own for re-listening.
I dug out U2's "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" which I bought the week it came out, listened to for 2 weeks and then filed away. Now that I've been listening to it a good bit, this line jumps out at me quite frequently:

"Some things you shouldn’t get too good at
Like smiling, crying and celebrity.
Some people got way too much confidence baby"-Original of the Species, U2

And I wonder about how we really do seem to become professionals at being down on ourselves, or looking happy when we aren't. Some people are so convincing at pretending to feel something they do not. It seems to me that this makes the times you really do hurt and the times you are truly happy a little less golden. Just a thought.

Also on the music topic, I woke up hearing Amos Lee's "Seen it all Before" in my head. It was a nice thing to wake up to. I think I was singing quite frequently by Sunday. No one hit me to keep me quiet, so that's good. I sing when I'm happy though. It's been a while.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I highly recommend Pandora.com. I'm hooked. I may have to get internet at the apartment after all, just to be able to access it somewhere I can listen to it (can't at work b/c we keep a radio on all day).

5:29 PM  
Blogger CHADDDD said...

My favorite cd so far this year (because I'm older and unhippier) is probably All the Roadrunning, the duet cd from Emmylou and Mark Knopfler. Nothing specatuclar, just good music. Comfort music. I also got Strays Don't Sleep, a group including Nashville folk Matthew Ryan and Neilson Hubbard. I'm liking that alot as well.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Thompson said...

I've loved that line ever since I got HTDAAB. It's a good'un.

You did seem happy this weekend! Singing was fun. Danke scho(e)n...darling, danke scho(e)n...

10:31 AM  
Blogger fabricsnob said...

Good suggestions Chaddd. I might have to investigate.

I WAS happier this weekend, despite not getting enough sleep, etc. Being away from work and in a fun new place was good.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

All The Roadrunning is good....I highly recommend it.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home