fabricsnob

Friday, June 02, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend recap (really late)

So... My weekend was really busy. There was the movie thing on Friday night. Zoolander. Great movie and even better really tired and on a sugar buzz. I wasn't though. Someone remembered my name that night that I never expect to remember my name. We were in college together and I didn't have any reason to be around him. I knew who he was but not sure how he knew me. Oh well. It was a nice little ego boost.

Sat. Mom came over and we weeded out the flower beds at the apartment. Found a disgustingly huge nest of ants. Talked a lot about men, life, church. The usual. My flower beds looked like this when we started:

And like this by the time I finished the second one on Monday:

Saturday afternoon, I went shopping in Cool Springs with a friend. Back home to check for my pictures in the mail, no such luck. Then to the friend's apartment for Pride and Prejudice and scrapbooking.

Sunday to church and hanging out with an amazing new friend. We talked a whole lot, ate crappy Mexican food and tried to tune out the country cover artist at the Mex place. He sent me home with 3 books and a much lighter heart. Amen for friends. Someone told me once that we don't get the benefit of 3rd party viewing of ourselves, but I think our good friends show us what we truely look like. Anyway. Not to get sappy.

Monday I ran tons of errands after I finished the 2nd flower bed. Watched 2 episodes of Love Monkey and fell in love with music and Tom Ferrell even more. My back was already hurting by the time I got home, so I sat on the couch and read several chapters of Dragonfly in Amber and went to bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

P&P - great movie. If I'm not mistaken Dan really enjoyed it.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Thompson said...

I heart Tom Farrell. If that Jim Halpert thing doesn't work out he's next on my list.

9:43 AM  
Blogger fabricsnob said...

JT- Have you read the book "Love Monkey"? It's on my list.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Thompson said...

Not yet, but it's on my list too.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home