Agnus Dei
Church was nice today. I've been finding myself less than willing to attend services on Sunday mornings lately. I really don't like this. I force myself to go, but I'm always late and my heart isn't in the service. I wanted to hear M sing this morning (she ROCKED by the way) and my daddy was singing which was a pleasent surprise. He had a nice little harmony piece with Sheryl and it was so neat to hear him above all the others. That's the subject for another blog though.
What I wasn't prepared for was singing Agnus Dei. We sing an arrangement Michael W. Smith and then Third Day popularized. I love singing it, but it makes me cry. I don't understand why I have such an emotional reaction to this piece, but I do. I remember singing it with my mom not long after her own mother passed away. We were at OC in the old building, sitting on the far left downstairs, halfway towards the front. It was around Christmas. I remember a lot of red around us and tears absolutely streaming down my face, and hers, and our arms around each other. But that's not the source of the emotion. It's just a memory associated with it. So I don't know, maybe it's the power of the words and the arrangement itself.
Alleluia
For the Lord God Almighty reigns
holy, are you Lord God Almighty
Worthy is the Lamb


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home