fabricsnob

Monday, July 09, 2007

pity post

I don't have anything concrete to say. There's a lot going on in my head and no way to get it out in anything resembling a constructive manner. I feel like the Fleming and John song "Letters in my Head".
"but by the time I pick up the pen I don't say what I should have said"
This post has little thought behind it. Just stream of conciousness blather. At least it's another post Phil won't need to kneecap anyone for. But maybe I'll do one of those soon. We'll see.
So in the past few weeks God has brought me an amazing new friend. She's great.
Tomorrow night I get to see an old new friend for dinner at Baja. Yay Baja! Thursday night I get to hear Marc Broussard at the Cannery with JT. I'm excited. The Harry Potter release is on the horizon as well as a goodbye to someone dear to me.
This past weekend was so good. I ran into 2 people I hadn't seen in years. Nashville is a small place sometimes. The first was a man I once dated. He was with his wife. We didn't have much to say and I was surprised to see him. But he's the brains behind the best mix tape I ever got. I didn't think to mention that while he was standing in front of me. Saturday night was friend time and So I Married An Axe-Murderer. Always good. SundayAM I filled in in the nursery and got to keep some precious little ones. I can't deny having a favorite. Lunch brought a good discussion and many things to think about. Sunday afternoon at the pool with TiffSniff and Irish guy night with Katie. It's become my own personal St.Elmo's Fire kind of place. The Irish guy nights center me in some kind of weird way that I don't understand. Sitting outside listening to music (ok and watching the guy across the room, I'll admit it), letting my thoughts quiet down from the weekend. It's nice. And my week feels off-balance and a bit unruly if I don't get that time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Ahhh, I love the Sunday night Irish guy too. It is so relaxing. Some of the best times of the week, I think. I will be there next weekend. Hopefully the drama that kept me away last time will be done by then.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Please know that you are loved and that Sheryl, Kinsey, Connor, and I consider you a part of our family. Lunch was great and we hope it's the start of something even greater.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sal said...

Yay for lack of concrete! Mosaics really are so much prettier anyways! : )

Thank you for making me crave Baja when I can do absotutely nothing about it. : ) Nevertheless, I am also so, so grateful for new friends! I love how God gives us stuff sometimes before we even realize our need for it! What a gift you are! : )

PS I am so upset I missed Axe Murderer!

7:08 PM  
Blogger fabricsnob said...

aww Phil, I love your family too. You all are such a blessing in my life. And don't worry, I know the knee-cap comments are in love. You want to bash because you care. ; )

Al and Sal- (heehee) you girls are fabulous!

11:11 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

yes, irish guy is fun! al, we need to make your Flat pic if you want to hear Irish tunes in Dublin! Sunday, I'm in! Are y'all going to Uncle Dave Macon Days in M'boro w/ he-al saturday a.m.?

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home