fabricsnob

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tuesday

Somehow I thought I was not going to get stuck at my desk today. But I have been for an two hours. So I thought it would be a good time to update.

I added pics from last week. Nothing really to say. The weekend was too short. I had a stupid moment, but the friend I was with forgave me. What a sweetheart.

I've stuggled with not posting the following but it made me laugh for a whole day. Enjoy. Topic- What I overheard in the admin department a few weeks ago. From the email I sent while trying to keep my mouth shut.

"OH MY LANDS!!!

BB (the girl who sits behind me at work) has been whining for 5 minutes about how her puppy "Jack" chewed through the cord of her $150 straightening iron and she doesn't know who she should call to fix it. Seriously. I understand that this is a problem for her, but please. So she's calling sewing machine repair places.
Overheard conversation went something like this:

"Oh! This place repairs all kinds of sewing machines.

(on telephone) Hello??? Yes, um, could you repair a cord on a machine that had been chewed through by say, a puppy?

Welllllll what if it wasn't actually a sewing machine? It's a straightening iron.

No. it's a (really expensive name) straighter that's about $150.

Ok. Ok. Thank you."

So then she asks (in a whiny voice) the controller (her boss) if she can fix cords. "I mean, do you know someone who could fix it?"

So then, mind you it's only been a few minutes, I can't take it anymore and say through the workstation that she might call a salon and find out what they would do or who they call.
It's like a light bulb went on and she's like "oh yeah!!!! Why didn't someone else tell me to do that sooner???"


Oh my gosh!!!! Seriously. Now she's back on the phone talking to this other girl who can patch it up with electrical tape (like a normal person) until she can find a better solution. I hope she doesn't use this thing near water. I could swear she's still pricing new ones--- "these used to be $200 and now they're down to $165"…. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home