updates
Slept through church this morning. again. This is becoming quite the bad habit. Part of it is that I am worn out right now (and some of those commitments are to Godly persuits, yet I feel my focus is more on the activity or work and not on the reason for it) and part of it, I feel is this feeling I've had over the past four months or so of pulling away from....everything and spending more time on my own. I don't like what it's doing to me though.
I'm drinking tea in my living room, listening to Brandon Heath (TiffSniff's "prom date"). I remember him playing something for us in high school- just Brandon and a borrowed guitar in Alicia's rec room- and being touched by his gifts even then. The refrain still comes back to me now at moments. And I echo Tiff's comments about the impact this one man is having on people. He's playing at Lipscomb in October. Please go see him.
SockHop was last night. Just for fun, here are pictures of me and Lesley in all our cuteness and me, Keith and Vick also ridiculously good-looking. I made mine and Vick's skirts (toot, toot), but she did her applique. Yea Vick!


5 Comments:
missed you at church this a.m.
cute pictures! SO much fun last night; i'm equally pooped and my abs are sore to boot. who knew the Twist was a fabu workout!
did u read the write-up about Brandon in the Tennessean either last Sunday or week before? neat article.
hey, guess where i'll be next month??? ;-)
Are you going to Chili's tomorrow? I think some of us are...you should come.
Al- I don't know about the plan for Chili's. Email me?
Vick- Thanks. I can't belive I slept through the alarm! I'll send you the pics.
mel, for today only, all proceeds from sales at Chili's benefit St Jude's. we're meeting there after work b/t 5:30-6.
oh right. I got that email. I'm meeting a friend from work I think. Which Chili's are y'all going to?
Post a Comment
<< Home