goodbye
My friend and coworker Suellen passed away this past Friday.
I will miss her. There is no way I can do her memory justice.
To me she was Balenciaga, Givenchy, Worth. Gracious living, thoughtfulness, intelligence, Jane Austen, tea, dark chocolate (any chocolate really), Europe, fine art, sweater sets, pegged skirts, cashemere and silk, ballet flats, mom jeans, gardening, cats, a quiet but steely voice of reason. And she'd be upset if I didn't throw in QVC!


2 Comments:
I'm sorry to hear the sad news about your friend and coworker. Actually, I asked your dad about it today and he told me.
It is a difficult thing, the first time someone close to us dies who is not really old. It is one of those big life transitions that you don't really recognize until it is over.
I remember when my friend Elyssa got married. She was the first of our college group of friends to take the plunge, and several of us were bridesmaids. We drove over to Winchester, TN for the wedding and stayed at her house. Sometime after the lovely rehearsal dinner and before bedtime, I started to shake. I shook for several hours. I think I was literally "shaken" by this huge development, which had just become real to me--suddenly, we were grownups.
It was about the same for me when my friend Sharon's father died. I didn't know her father, she was a work friend, but a group of us from work went to the funeral home, and it was very emotional for me. She was about my age, and her parents were about the age of my parents, and one of them had died. I was glad to be there for her, I was little teary which was unusual for me, but I only figured out why later.
You are at an age where you are starting to have more of these experiences. It is not easy. You are a kind and thoughtful and sensitive person, which makes it harder, but helps you to understand why you have these feelings. It will get better. Your friend Suellen would probably be glad to know that her death meant something to you.
Take care, sweetie. Do some nice things for yourself in the next few days, and spend a little extra time with Mom and Dad. Family helps.
Hi Mary Lou! I hear about you every so often. Thank you for your thoughts. She liked cats too and I've never quite forgotten something about your family and a cat burial...
Post a Comment
<< Home