fabricsnob

Thursday, December 14, 2006

music in my head

hey, it's not my fault if you start singing one of these fabulous melodies. You're the one who read my blog when you knew what was coming!

1. Ugly Girl- Fleming & John (oh my word! I absolutely love this song!)
2. Don't want to go to London- Third Eye Blind
3. Release Me- Wilson Phillips
4. Tender Tennessee Christmas- if you don't know who sings this, go back to whatever non-Southern state you came from. It's a crime to live in Nashville and not know this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

If you're thinking Alabama you're wrong. Amy Grant was the first to do this song in 1983, because she and her husband at the time Gary Chapman wrote it. It was covered by Alabama 2 years later in 1985.

3:50 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

everyone from TN knows Amy Grant did that song. i never realized Alabama covered it.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would "Alabama" sing it, anyway? That's just wrong.

This is the first Christmas out of my 34 Christmases that none of my celebrating will be done in Tennessee. Thoughts of that song have taunted me a little, of late ...

However, I've spent parts of at least 32 of those Christmases celebrating in Alabama as well, so it's not like I've gone to a foreign land and left all I know. I'll be home for Christmas ... just differently.

Merry Christmas to you, fabricsnob!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home