libra- the scales
I love the idea of balance. In fact it's integral to my life. Visually, elements around me have to be even, balanced and proportional. Emotionally, I like feeling things are smooth. Regarding relationships, I want people to give as much as I do, to meet me in the middle. I dislike feeling that I'm the one making most or all of the effort. This has been a problem in my past. If I feel engaged by someone I want to pursue that relationship. But what if they don't want the same? What if the other person doesn't need another friend, isn't interested in dating me? How do I turn off the wanting to get to know them? I don't know. I'm struggling with this more and more recently. Alternately, I feel I'm dealing with it better. I feel more confident, more respectful of myself and more able to not call/email/IM/anything someone who doesn't return the attraction.


4 Comments:
Yeah, I can totally see both sides of it.
- the Gemini
(Sorry - was that horrible? It's such a serious topic, but I couldn't resist.)
I can always count on you. Thanks for the smile though. love!
In seriousness, though, it is interesting that you are scales and I'm twins. Maybe it's why we mesh so well, and understand each other, yet have such different takes on things. Both of us have two pretty different sides to our personalities that make us who we are. And trying to find the right balance/dominance between them has been a journey for each of us at times.
I just never put that together before, that you and I belong to the two astrology signs that have an inherent dichotomy.
ok, i admit i don't really get astrology and i read my horoscope just for kicks w/o putting much thought into it. i haven't figured out when to stop making attempts at conversation and getting to know crush-of-the-moment, either. i think it's just attention we crave. ok, maybe a bit of stubborness thrown into the mix as well....
Post a Comment
<< Home