there are two kinds of Irish love songs
"the ones that end in disaster and the ones that never get off the ground"
Last night several of us went to Blair at Vandy to hear Solas, a Celtic band. It was great. Different than I expected. I was expecting something more traditional with a bodhran, but it was a banjo, guitar, mandolin, flute, bass, drums. Shows how much I know, but I really enjoyed it. Too bad there wasn't room to dance. But it was so nice to sit for a show and not have to stand the whole time, jockey for space, wonder if someone was gonna spill beer on me or make sure I didn't put my foot down on something unseen on the floor and roll my ankle. Anyway, thier energy was really good and it looked like once they relaxed into the set, they let go and had fun. They were talking about how they loved playing Nashville and that people are different here. (smug smile)
Yea for Jen rockin the Vandy employee connection! Thank you!
oh. and kudos to those two guys on our left who stood and were very into the music. y'all were adorable.


1 Comments:
hope my brother appreciates the cd he got for his birthday!
only thing that would have made the night complete would've been a bottle of Strongbow!
Post a Comment
<< Home