fabricsnob

Monday, July 03, 2006

The ATL

I don't want to live in Atlanta. I like big cities for a little while, but only if I can get out and walk around them. In ATL I feel like I have to drive everywhere. I'm honestly tired of being in my car.
Mom, Charissa and I drove down Saturday morning. We detoured through Sewanee and looked at the campus (Turrets!) on the way down. I bought chairs for my patio at Crate and Barrel and then we shopped at Lenox.
Went to the Varsity for dinner and met up with a former co-worker of mine. That was a blast, though I was not impressed with the greasy food at the Varsity. It's a cool environment though.


Sunday we got up and went to IKEA. Charissa loved it. We spent about 3 hours there and then went over to Atlantic Station for more shopping.
Got home about 9:45 last night. whew.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Thompson said...

You went to Crate & Barrel without me?!

Amen on the Varsity. One goes for atmosphere and tradition, not the food.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

We used to go to the Varsity after Braves games (back when they sucked and we could go for $1 and sit anywhere in the old stadium). I never liked it much. Mainly went for the fried pies. Yum!

1:30 PM  
Blogger fabricsnob said...

JT- It was mommy/daughter weekend, but I thought of you the whole time we were at CB!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home