October weirdness
I'm really not sure what happens to me in October, but it's been a weird month for me for at least the past 2 years, maybe more, and this year is promising to be the same. I seem to meet men in October. I don't know if something changes in me to make me more "attractive" or approachable or not. Maybe it's the silent call of cool weather approaching and people are looking for someone to hunker down with and fight through the winter next to. Maybe not and I'm making it all up.
This past weekend I went to see Will Hoge play Nashville Sunday Night at 3rd and Lindsley. Now you know that this dude is my favorite Nashville rocker. I was excited to see him play this venue and know it was being broadcast on WRLT. Jennifer and I got there before the doors opened and claimed a table in front of the sound booth. Wonderful vantage point. Highlights of the evening, in order of appearance: Jen's face when she realized it was Will himself who'd patted her on the shoulder and scooted past her before we sat down, NO SMOKING!, Jen and Mel knitting for 2 hours in the semi-dark pre-show, British guy from the Deadstring Brothers, WILL in a sportcoat on stage singing his heart out, hearing my favorite song STILL be in the rotation even though its an old one, and then watching Adam-the-lead-guitarist teach the guest organist the songs AS they were playing them. Oh my word, I just love living in Nashville!
Friday night several of us went to hear The Luxury Liners play at Edgehill Studios (which I really like). David Dewese sang Happy Birthday to Jennifer and me. He called it the birthday dirge aftewards cause they did it all slow and stuff. Also he said I was the Homecoming Queen because I knew the most people there. Which is a total lie but he and I had been joking about it via email earlier in the day. I was just surprised (and mildly embarrassed) that he said it in front of other people. ps- DD, I like hearing you sing. no really. I do.
Saturday we had birthday game night to celebrate with Jen some more. It was fun and there were people around whom I don't normally get to hang out with. Plus, Tiffany set me up for an excellent use of Michael Scott's "that's what she said" line and all of us laughed a lot. yay. (I'm still giggling about that btw).


2 Comments:
It was a good weekend, right?
Updates: I finally figured out that lace pattern. Thank you, Internet. And I still have a musician crush on Adam-the-lead-guitarist.
It was a GREAT weekend.
Yay for internet tutorials. I finally figured out how to do the ribbing I was practicing.
Go you with the crush! He's totally crush-worthy.
Post a Comment
<< Home