fabricsnob

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Nickel Creek

was incredible. I've seen them 3 times now. I knew it would be a good show, but I had forgotten how nice their chemistry is and how entertaining the banter is.
My favorite moments:

Chris and Sean talking about hair- bermuda triangle of spikes in Sean's hair and him messing it up and then Chris fixing it and then kissing him on the forehead. Oh and Chris's "currents of love' in his own hair.

Their version of "I want you back" and Sara talking about Amy Grant after. (ps- love Sara's boots. anyone know where I can get some just like them? the heel is perfect)

Tim O'Brien in "When you come back down". Me= tears.

The encore and everyone singing along. That's Gillian Welch, Bela Fleck, Nickel Creek, and Dave Rawlings on stage and Ben-the-pianest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wwo3Is0lt4

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Thompson said...

You know, one of my coworkers emailed me and said he loved all but the last song (I'll Fly Away). He said he couldn't understand any of the words. He's originally from India and therefore did not grow up singing it in church once a month. I just thought it was really interesting how we just ate up that last song, but someone without those cultural references was like, "What?" A little cultural anthropology or something for you. :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I love Chris Thile.
Maybe he and I are Meant To Be.
Chris, you rock my world.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Sal said...

Well. At first I thought the part about boots said something else. But I re-read it.

12:45 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

yes, very cool boots. anyone care to do some discount shopping this weekend? i need some boots, flats, and a couple of fun skirts to go w/ my cute argyle & polka dot knee socks!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home