fabricsnob

Sunday, May 21, 2006

summer music

Nashville in the summer is synonymous to me with outdoor entertainment. Ever since I was old enough to drive, a small group of friends would gather weekly for a concert somewhere or Movies in the Park @ Centennial. Every spring I look forward to these events and every fall I'm sad that they end. This year, I've heard that Dancin in the District isn't happening (not a huge loss, musically) but there is a 2006 website with 2005 dates posted... 2004 saw the demise of the Uptown Mix and 2005 the birth of the Cannery Row Revival. So what's happening in Nashville this summer concert-wise? Here's what I found interesting in the next few weeks:

5/24- Jeremy Lister at Mercy Lounge (Vick, I had the wrong date!)
5/31- Luce at Mercy Lounge
6/2- Over the Rhine at Exit In (also it's Turk at Douglas Corner)
6/6- Robinella at Mercy Lounge ($10)
6/10- Gabe Dixon & Jeremy Lister at Exit In
6/13- Ben Lee @ Mercy Lounge
6/17- David Mead @ Mercy Lounge
6/24- The Samples at Exit In

And if you want a blast from the past you can ressurect the 80's with the Plimsouls on 6/16 at the Mercy Lounge.
It looks like the Cannery Row series is going to happen again this year too, but you have to wait until August. It won't be Uptown Mix, but maybe it'll be an ok replacement. $5 on Saturday nights beginning 8/5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home