Home
My travel buddies and I returned home to Nashville safe and sound on Tuesday 10/31. Since then it's been work, laundry and catching up on email. I still haven't been to the grocery store yet and have no food in my apartment.
I miss everyone in Loughborough, but I'm very glad to have my own bed and my shower with decent water pressure.
And I'm extremely glad to not have to walk up 4 flights of stairs just to get to my room at the London hostel. Even if I'm not getting to see cute Aussie boy.
Suffering from some culture shock though. I don't like getting in my car to drive to work, work, the fast food we eat. I miss Pret a Manger, walking to Sainsbury's, Cadbury un-rationed.
Say a prayer for Michelle who is stuck in Birmingham, UK. We want her safely home with us. And a prayer for Vick's luggage which mysteriously got sent back to England.


2 Comments:
Sigh. Aussie boy. He may have been worth getting up at 4:30.
I'm with you on the culture shock. I was driving into work today and really wished for a tube. Then I saw the Hummer two cars in front of me on the exit ramp and realized we are light years away. Europe has some things right.
oh the Tube....I wish. But I doubt I'd use it. Maybe for downtown. But I'd live near a ghetto station anyway that I wouldn't want to walk into by myself... There is a train in the works though. I think. There's been talk for years.
Post a Comment
<< Home